Thursday, June 14, 2012

Petunia, another Lily Sugar&Cream doll

Petunia says welcome to summer!  Even though summer is still a week away, it is hot and dry like a perfect summer day.

Petunia is another doll based on the free Lily Sugar&Cream pattern, with jointed neck, and jointed legs courtesy of Joyce (aka Dutzie).  The vivid magenta and lime green of my petunias and sweet-potato vine suggested the colors, and the mis-matched style was inspired by a doll I recently saw (at Michaels) called Little MissMatch. 

There is nothing easier or sweeter than to sit down with a ball of yarn and a hook, and find that a few hours later you've created a companion of your very own. 

14 comments:

  1. As always, she is wonderful. I love seeing the new dolls you make and I especially love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely exquisite, as always. I so want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The two-color hair is fantastic! I love all the mix of colors. Just like mixing fabric patterns, my favorite thing to do. Pretty cute, Beth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the great words, Sandra, Typs, Fiona, and Kate! I loved playing with all the colors too :-)

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is beautiful! All the colors, I love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is so much summer about this doll! She is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is absolutely adorable and I love her little shoes...soooo cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for the good words, Marga, Anita, and Mary Ann :-)

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is adorable, Beth!!! I love how colorful she is, even her hair and eyes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love everything about this doll. Wish I could imagine like you do.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for the good words, RetroSandie and Anon :-)

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, CrochetBlogger!

    Beth

    ReplyDelete