Monday, November 12, 2012

Simple knit jacket for Little Darling Jennifer

Jennifer has a new wig, thanks to my dear friend Tomi :-)  And she is sporting a new dress and knit jacket.  The pattern for the jacket is here:

Little Darling Knit Jacket

This is the simplest of knit pieces, just rectangles for the body of the jacket and the sleeves.  I used a mid weight sport yarn, so it worked up a bit bulky, like a jacket.  Use a slightly finer yarn and this would look more like a sweater.

Her dress is adapted from a crochet Bleuette design; you can find it here:

Simple Bleuette Dresses

 I added six rows to the bodice (it is worked side to side) for a better fit, and altered the armhole row accordingly.  The bodice is easy, and the dress makes up quickly with the fabric skirt.

Have a lovely day, and maybe consider making something special on Black Friday, and let the shopping mania pass you by this year :-)

4 comments:

  1. Oh she is so precious!!! And i love her clothes:D
    hugs
    rux

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's wonderful, as is the wardrobe you've made for her (And I'm sure, that you are adding to). Here's the dolls I've worked on this fall, much inspired by your blog:
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.485954528084615.132395.100000102163075&type=3
    These I've sold at craft shows, but I'm making mermaids for my nieces and a Link (from the Prisoner of Zelda video game) doll for my nephew.

    Beccolina

    ReplyDelete
  3. EXCELLENT blog! BIG BRAVO for your excellent work!
    Thank you for all your lovely tutorials.
    I can afford to translate into French with a link to your blog and saying they should not be sold or distributed without your permission some of your models.
    Thank you!
    Have a good day
    Danielle (Paris-France)

    ReplyDelete