Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Edwardian outfit for crochet Bleuette

With a basic crochet pattern you can do just about anything.  The Edwardian dress being modeled by Kittie Bleuette and Ruby Grace is based on the Simple Bleuette dresses you can find on this blog and right here:

Simple Bleuette Dresses

I made the drop waist dress, added long sleeves with a puffed cap, and altered the color scheme.  I needed to add an additional four rows to the bodice, which just goes to show you need to fit check whenever you crochet; or, at least I do :-)

The hat is from an Annies Attic collection of designer shoes, hats, and bags that I've had for years; Annies Miniature Shoe Society.   It is out of print, but if you do a Google search, you may be able to find a used copy.

The boots are based on crochet Bleuette's Mary Jane shoe pattern.  I added several rows to the top of the shoe, using two colors to make the boot.

See what fun you can have using the basic patterns and creating your own amazing fashions.  Enjoy the crochet!

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful Dress, will the hat be available for download?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your good words. I'm afraid the hat pattern is not mine to share, as it is an Annie's Attic design. You might try a Google search for Miniature Shoe Society patterns; there are usually some used copies available.

      Beth

      Delete
  2. How precious! I love seeing what you make. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, Martine, Lois, and Connie, for your always good words :-)

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beth,

    The outfit is stunning. I especially love the hat! I am so jealous!

    - Momma Cat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Beth, thought I would share with you a Bleuette doll I crocheted from your pattern. She took First place at the Illinois State Fair this year. She is wearing her prize, over her dress of coarse.
    She can be viewed at myblog, gypsygramdmashandiwork.blogspot
    Thank you for sharing your work.
    til next time,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Connie! Congratulations on your win at the State Fair; that is awesome! I did cruise over to your site, but didn't find the doll. I've seen your other dolls, though, and I know all of your work is a winner. Bravo!

      In friendship,

      Beth

      Delete
  6. I want to thank you so much for the Bleuette dresses- I rescued my Mom's beloved Bleuette doll after she died- my younger brother got greedy and sold everything he could get from her estate- I have all the clothes Mom made for her- she was an accomplished seamstress, but loved dolls the most to make things for. It is a lovely thing to have a chance to crochet for her Bleuette (whose name escapes me at the moment)- thanks again for your site-Janne Butler

    ReplyDelete