Sunday, August 5, 2018

Crochet Magic


Yesterday, I wasn't feeling very well.  Summer stomach flu, or something like that.  So I dug around for some simple yarn (Knit Picks Brava Worsted), and pulled out one of my favorite patterns:  Jessica Doering's Eva Pattern , freely available on Ravelry.  By the end of the day, I had a new friend!


Meet Lillian.  Fortunately, I had a dress left over from making these dolls last fall that fit her perfectly, and the color was perfect as well!

There is something magical about turning a string and a hook into a new friend.  Turning strings into things is my superpower...what is yours?

10 comments:

  1. She is way super cute. My husband says I'm making to many new friends. I don't care ... I have fun with your delightful patterns!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christi, you can never have too many friends, crochet or otherwise! And you can always share them with others :-)

      warmly,

      Beth

      Delete
  2. She is so lovely. I love the way you did her eyes <3!
    :* hugs and I wish you to feel GREAT!! <3
    rux

    ps: I want to believe that bringing a little bit of happiness to others is my superpower. And I really love to make handmade projects <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet words, Rux! Bringing happiness to others has to be the primo super power :-)

      warmly,

      Beth

      Delete
  3. Es encantadora. Llevas razón, es estupendo poder sacar algo tan bonito de un trozo de hilo y un ganchillo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been a fan of your blog for a bit now. I came across the free Antique Pattern Library website recently and thought the Crochet and Knitting sections may be of interest to you. They have hundreds of free pdf's of scanned antique craft books and leaflets. www.antiquepatternlibrary.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel, thank you so much! As any hooked hooker knows, one can NEVER have too many patterns...especially when they are free :-)

      warmly,

      Beth

      Delete
  5. She is adorable :-)
    I hope you are feeling better <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, and I am feeling better...just a 24 hour stomach bug :-)

      warmly,

      Beth

      Delete