Sunday, January 13, 2019

Henry, my first official Feel Better Friend


Henry is my first official Feel Better Friend, for a little boy who is battling brain cancer.  He is indeed a tiny Superhero!  I have a pattern for his Superhero cape, and also a mini-pattern on how to make a doll's head that has no wobble!

Superhero Cape

No Wobbly Heads

No wobbly heads basically uses the jointed head technique I've been using for years, but instead of jointing the head, you ladder stitch it to the neck stub.  For small children this is probably preferable, as they will be less likely to pull the head off!

10 comments:

  1. <3
    The little crochet boy is soooo cute! oh, Dear Beth, I can imagine the little's boy eyes looking at his Feel Better Friend.
    I can see and feel from these pictures all the heart, good thoughts and love you put into this project!!
    Hugs :*

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is really cute you are so talented just love your patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I've just seen this post, and of course you have the perfect name for him! :) My Henry is just having major 'surgery' He has been in 'hospital' having hair implants, as he had lost so much of his hair.

    This is such a super little boy. What a wonderful gift for your little friend. I hope he wins his battle...it is indeed a very hard one. My thoughts for him. I should have read the whole post first! So this is a bit disjointed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Lorraine! So good to have you stop by! I've joined an organization on Facebook called Feel Better Friends. Doll's are requested by families for children facing major health issues. Henry has brain cancer. I filled his doll with love and prayers, for him and his family.

      It is a great reason to crochet dolls!

      your friend,

      Beth

      Delete
  4. He's grand! Thank you for making him for Henry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kinds words!

      warmly,

      Beth

      Delete