Thursday, April 18, 2019

Priceless Gifts


In my life, I've been given three priceless gifts: 

The first, from my parents, was my life and a childhood of love.

The second, from my husband, has been a lifetime marriage of love and loyalty.

The third, from my Grandmothers, is a heritage of women who use their hands to make beautiful and useful things. 

A heritage of quilters, knitters, crocheters, and seamstress's;  those who take scraps and make beautiful quilts.  Who take string and make sweaters and scarves to warm the cold, and dolls and toys to bring joy to children of all ages.  Who take thread, and make art.

Be thankful for the gifts you have been given, and show that gratitude by passing along the gifts you have to a new generation.

9 comments:

  1. <3 you have ... you are a wonderful Soul, dear Beth !! I am so happy that I was able to see a glimpse of you, in this tiny universe you have created on the wide internet!!
    :*
    Thank you!!! <3
    hugs,
    rux

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for these sweet words, dear Rux!

      warmly,

      Beth

      Delete
  2. Beautiful post, Beth! I'm way behind on blog reading, as usual. Glad I saw this tonight. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your gifts through this blog. And thank you for underscoring how important it is to "count our blessings."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your good words, Dorothy.

      warmly,

      Beth

      Delete
  4. Hello Beth, Precious gifts they are indeed. Hope all is well.
    til next time,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by, Connie. Are you on Facebook? I have to admit I'm spending more time there and would be happy to connect with you there...

      warmly,

      Beth

      Delete