Monday, July 20, 2009

Welcome to By Hook By Hand


I wanted to create a place where I could share some of my doll designs, mostly crochet. My Grandmother taught me to crochet when I was about 10; it was the best gift I've ever been given. Crochet is creative, relaxing, meditative, useful, and satisfying. It is a handworked craft that has warmed millions with scarves, shawls, mittens, and caps; all made with love.

And then there are the toys! Such wonderful crochet toys being designed and made today. Amigurumi (a Japanese derived knit and crochet form) has energized crochet toymaking. Add to this a love of dollmaking, and it seemed a natural for me to try to make crochet dolls that would appeal to both children and adults.

So, here is a place where I can hopefully share this vision. An example of the work I'm doing now is BleuBelle.

3 comments: