Saturday, October 2, 2010

Pocket Spirits for Christmas


These three little Pocket Spirits are a work in progress for my nieces for Christmas.  Meet Willow, Skye, and Cherry :-)

Since my nieces all take dance lessons, these little spirits are going to get some sweet ballerina costumes from an Annie's Attic publication called Tu Tu Angelic.  The body suit used with these patterns did not fit well on the Pocket Spirits, so I designed one that did.  The pattern for the body suit is here:

Pocket Spirit Bodysuit

This pattern can be used as a swim suit just as it is, or attach a skirt to it; add sleeves and wear it under a jumper or overalls.  It is a snug fit, so you'll want to try it on as you crochet to make sure it fits.

I plan to use the embellishments from the Annie Potter Presents publication with the new bodysuit.  We'll see how well it works!

Willow says 'Hi!'

15 comments:

  1. Your nieces will be thrilled. These are adorable. Your work is so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you so much, Lois and Glor :-)

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank-you so much for your good words, Joyce :-) Jellybean colors is a great way to describe these girls.

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanta be one of your nieces! :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously, Beth, I bought a fancy yarn made in Turkey, I think, to make a dolly. Just have to finish Mega Man and Mario (Mario Brothers Video Game) and then I am making myself a dolly for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. River, a doll for you sounds like a great idea :-)

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Beth,

    They're darlings! Can't wait to see their finished outfits:)
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  8. as always your sweet dolls amaze me, i think you have some lucky nieces! i love the colors and i can't wait to see the little ballerinas all done up. thanks for the swimsuit pattern,i can't wait to make one for my little pocket spirit as she still is un-clothes. your blog always makes me smile. :-) ~Anne~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank-you so much for the good words, Shelly and Anne :-)

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Beth,

    I've just found your blog and, WOW!!I've no words to describe how cute and sweet your crochet dolls are! You've created a fantasy world in crochet!! Thanks for sharing your knowledge with the rest of us...crocheters in Blogland!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank-you so much for your kind words, Lady Crochet :-)

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very-very beautiful dolls! I never seen so wonderful toys!!!

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are too cute, Beth! I can't wait to see what you come up with, but I know it will be charming, as always. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Pocket Free Spirit Dolls are just too cute!
    I've made three Minis, but I HAVE to make a Pocket doll! :D

    ReplyDelete