Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Tansy Mae

Tansy Mae is another Waldorf doll with a knit body, knit in the round on dpn's.  Her T-shirt and tunic are knit from the same basic pattern, from the neck down.  This pattern is easily adaptable for shirts, dresses, tunics, and nightgowns.  Currently I'm working on a nightgown with eyelets in the skirt.  When I get all the instructions written up, the pattern will be freely available here. 

I like the idea of working top down and seamlessly.  Thanks to Ravelry for introducing me to this technique :-)

I used fingering weight yarn for the T-shirt, and sport for the tunic and capri's.  For some reason, both worked up to the same gauge with size 4 dpn's, about six sts to the inch.

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous doll with gorgeous clothes. So beautiful made. I will look forward for the pattern.

    Love, Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tansy Mae is so cute another wonderfull doll!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dolls are all so precious! What work(wo)manship! If you had an Etsy shop, you would have one of the most successful shops on the site. Or, perhaps you do have a shop?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Lois. I keep thinking about an Etsy shop, but then just make another doll :-)

      Warmly,

      Beth

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much, Lois. I keep thinking about an Etsy shop, but instead of doing anything about it, I just make another doll :-)

      Warmly,

      Beth

      Delete
  4. Love her hair and sweet face. You're the best, Beth!

    ReplyDelete