Friday, August 23, 2019

Knits for your tiny tribe

Knitting does not come naturally to me, but I love it just the same.  Tiny knit sweaters have a sort of magical charm, so I made some for my tiny tribe.  I used fingering weight yarn, and size 00 needles.  About as tiny as my fingers and eyes want to go!

The girls also wanted a knit sundress and rompers, which are basically the same pattern, with a divide for the legs for the rompers.  These patterns are all included here, if you want to make some tiny knits.  The only ones that require dpn's are the pullover, and the long sleeves on the sweater.  I used dpns on the skirt of the dress, but it could be made flat and hemmed up; the legs of the rompers are really easier to make on dpn's.

Knits for tiny tribe

Have a delightful dollmaking day!

6 comments:

  1. These are lovely Beth. I hope to make at least one of these little dolls if ever I can find the right wooden 'ingredients'! They are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Lorraine! If you cannot find all the little wood bits, let me know and I will happily send you a care package!

      warmly,

      Beth

      Delete
  2. Really sweet ~ but alas ~ I can't knit. ;( I do crochet simple baby blankets though. I guess I'll have to stick with fabric clothing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet words.

      warmly,

      Beth

      Delete
  3. I love sweaters on dolls. I am always cold so I usually have a sweater or jacket nearby. Well, not in the hot sun but when I go inside and it's air conditioned. So my dolls have to have jackets or sweaters too.

    Your dolls look so sweet in their sweaters and not at all cold (chuckle).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Dorothy! Making little sweaters was the driving impulse to teach myself to knit. I've even made one (!) for myself, but enjoy making tiny ones so much more!

      warmly,

      Beth

      Delete