Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Simple Doll


 It has been a long while since I designed a new doll.  As I get older, I find working with the finer yarns I enjoyed using are harder to see and work with.  Yet I still like smaller dolls.


And with prices going up everywhere, good value-priced yarns become more desireable to me.  My favorite is Red Heart Super Saver.  A particularly good yarn for making toys, as it wears like iron, and comes in large skeins that are valued priced.  Not to mention, a boodle of colors, including some great skin tones.


So here is a very simple crochet doll, using worsted yarn for the body, hair, and clothing.  She stands eight inches tall without the wig cap.  Being retired, I can make the doll in one day, and have the evening to read or watch a movie!  There is no definition for feet or hands.  She is crocheted in one piece, with the arms crocheted into the body.  No internal frame or special neck stabilzing, except for a twisted rope of yarn.



And, she is just in time for the Friday after Thanksgiving!  Instead of pounding the pavements looking for gifts, you can curl up with a cuppa tea or coffee, your favorite yarn, and make a doll that will delight a boy or girl.  Oh yes, and nibble on leftover turkey!



Here is the pattern for Simple Doll, with several different wig caps:


Simple Doll


And here is the pattern for Simple Doll's wardrobe, which also includes a nightgown.  With these elements,  you can make all kinds of outfits.  Put long sleeves on the dress, make a blouse out of the nightgown, a sweater dress out of the pullover.


Simple Doll Wardrobe


Have a blessed Thanksgiving, and enjoy the crochet!




6 comments:

  1. Ohhhh such a lovely sweet little doll!! Thank you very much Beth - I hope to find some time to try it in december 💗💗
    Hugs :*
    Rux

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving! I just love your sweet dolls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Rux, Isabel, and Lois! It felt good to make a doll, and a very simple one.

    Warmly,

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beth, this is an adorable doll pattern and true to your generous nature you’ve included wigs and an entire wardrobe of clothing too. I’m so glad you’re finding ways to continue enjoying and sharing your handwork. I always enjoy seeing your work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words, Wizzy! Always, doll making is closest to my heart. Blessed Holidays to you and all you love.

      warmly,

      Beth

      Delete