Monday, September 25, 2017

A lovely new doll pattern

Suzanne, Zoe, Audrey, Autumn, Evangeline, Bess

All of these dolls were crocheted from the basic Eva pattern, which is freely available on Ravelry, by Jessica Doering, aka Neogurumi.  The pattern is very well written and easy to follow.  And, there are no seams with this doll!  Legs and arms are crocheted in as the body is worked, making the doll very easy to complete.

Jessica has clothing patterns for Eva; some are free and others inexpensive.  She also has patterns for other dolls, so check out her store on Ravelry:

Neogurumi Patterns

Isn't this an adorable body?!

Eva is a great doll platform; you can create several different hairstyles once you've tried the hairstyle that comes with the pattern.  You can also crochet on her undies, if you like :-)

My dolls ended up being about 7 1/2 inches tall, crocheted with wool worsted yarn (Knit Picks Wool of the Andes and Berocco Vintage) and a size D, or 3mm,  crochet hook.  I did choose to make the dolls head move-able.  You can find this technique in most all of my doll patterns.  Check out this post:

Magdelena's Secret

Basically, you make a head with a hole at the neck end, and the body with a firmly stuffed neck stub.  The stub is jointed into the hole in the neck.  You can do this with any doll pattern, and the results are a lot of fun :-)

I hope you enjoy making this adorable doll!

12 comments:

  1. What a lovely group of little ladies! I just love all your creative variations. I downloaded the Eva doll pattern ages ago (can NEVER resist a free doll pattern on Ravelry) but she's been languishing on my hard drive ever since. Time to pick some yarn and get busy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Anna; I love the many wonderful and free doll and animal patterns available through Ravelry :-)

      You'll love making this doll!

      warmly,

      Beth

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much, dear friend :-) I love making this doll, on my hook is one inspired by Suzanne Woolcott's Gorjuss images.

    Love to see your own Eva!

    warmly,

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pattern looks nice and your dolls - as always - look perfect and adorable! I see you made their clothes removable - how do you do that? Do they have buttons on the back?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ola; yes, I make chain loops for buttonhole loops and use buttons :-)

      warmly,

      Beth

      Delete
  4. What an adorable little line up of pretty dolls, I couldn't resist getting the pattern and making an immediate start, such a lovely little body can't wait to see your Suzanne Woolcott inspired doll, love those dolls..Hope your'e keeping well...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Amber, thank you for your good words, and yes I am keeping well :-) Check out some later posts for the doll's inspired by Suzanne Woolcott. I love her girls too!

      warmly,

      Beth

      Delete
  5. I am in need of a doll like this.. Grand saw the little pattern PDF and now wants what she saw.. was like a gift box and doll and clothes etc... Let me know .. This is Cricket from Flickr.

    ReplyDelete