Friday, January 29, 2010

WIP: American Indian Free Spirit and others


Just a quick look at my latest WIP"s (work-in-progress). I've been wanting to do an American Indian Free Spirit, and when Joyce was able to adapt the Fibre Craft pattern to make such a great outfit for her Scarlet, I wanted to do the same with Fibre Craft's lovely American Indian Princess outfits.

I had a lovely, lovely, Wool/Tencel yarn in jet black that is perfect for her hair. It is a Berroco yarn called Lustra, and it is just that.

Winters Dawn is complete and awaiting her costume. I'm going to choose one that is availabe free from this site:

http://barbscraftbooks.tripod.com/barbscrochet/id254.html


So if you choose, you can make a doll just like the one I am making. Of course, there are several other American Indian patterns available, and Amazon has several for sale that are used copies.


I created two other dolls while I was at it, and plan to get them wigged before making the American Indian costume. This way they can tell me their personalities while I am crocheting clothing.


I used Vanna's Choice yarn for all three. The Caucasian dolls are made with Beige, and the American Indian doll is made with Honey. This yarn makes up a lovely doll, and is not quite as rough as the Red Heart Super Saver yarn.




This Mini is destined to be a little gardener for my Sister's birthday. I hope to create a little garden that she will be the center of. My Grandmother was a great garderner, and my sister has inherited her talent and love for growing things :-)

11 comments:

  1. how is this doll differnt than the pattern as if I remember the doll is a little different as this one has a chest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wendy,

    That is pretty much it...I added breasts to this doll. All they are are two circles single crochet: Row 1: ch2, five sc in second ch from hook. Row 2: Two sc in each sc around. Finish off leaving a long tail and stitch these to the front.

    Oh, and I made a more almond-shaped eyewhite for this doll. If you look on my flickr page for the SteamPunk Free Spirit Set, the instructions for this eyewhite are there (as are the bosom instructions).

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Beth
    Sorry to bother you, i was hoping to have a chat with you about the Free spirit dolls, im hoping to sell the ones i have made but want to go over the details with you first and get your all clear. could you e-mail me at
    lomasi@hotmail.co.uk
    I would love to hear from you.
    my best wishes and eternal thanks for the beautiful dolls you have created
    Amy
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the patterns. I`m from Argentina and i am just beggining to make amigurumis.
    I would like to send you a picture of my new Free Spirit.
    Thanks again! Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia,

    I'd love to see your Free Spirit; do you have a flickr account for posting photos? If you do, you can post your pictures to this site:

    http://www.flickr.com/groups/freespiritamidolls/

    and share it with everyone.

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  6. how do you do the hair on the dolls? where can i get the part where u attach the hair is it a cap?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Check out this tutorial for making the wigs:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/29184580@N04/sets/72157619529864003/

    Although it says wig making for Waldorf dolls, this is the technique I use for all of my dolls.

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi i want to try to make your blythe doll with the body modifications but can't find the pattern for the life of me! can you send it to me please? thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynnda,

      Look on the left hand sidebar of the blog page and scroll down until you reach "Links to Free Spirit patterns on this Blog." This will have the Free Spirit doll pattern (she is the one that looks like Blythe) and the free patterns I have for her. The American Indian dress pattern on this page is a purchased pattern.

      Beth

      Delete
  9. Hi Beth,

    Two months ago, I wanted a doll and I was searching for a pattern, then I found your patterns. I designed a doll based on your spirit dolls, I hope you will permit that. If you want to see my design, you can look @ www.reginaignis.blogspot.com. I named my pattern / design 'Charita Dolls'.

    Everyone is complaining me that I am copying your patterns, I hope you don't think so. If you don't allow it, you can tell it to me and I will remove my pattern.

    ReginaIgnis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Regina, this looks like a copy of my Pocket Spirit and Poseable Pocket Spirit pattern. You have quoted me exactly in your instructions. I do not this this is 'based' on. You are certainly welcome to make as many dolls as you like, and sell them. But please do not claim this work as your own. Thank you.

      Delete