Friday, December 12, 2014

Cassidy and Noah

I hope you all had a blessed Thanksgiving, and that your Christmas preparations are more joy than work :-)  I came down with a bug a few days after Thanksgiving, and it is only now beginning to loosen its grip on my health.   And of course, I ended up sharing it with my husband :-(  Thankfully, both of us are on the mend.

Something better to share is Cassidy, a doll I worked on, slowly, once I started feeling better.  She is based on Deena Thomson-Menards Lottie doll pattern, which is freely available on Ravelry.  Those wonderful hands are from a tutorial available on her Ravelry group We Make Dolls.   I modified the feet so they would feet those darling baby booties that Cassidy is wearing, which is also a free pattern on Ravelry: sneaker booties on Ravelry.

Alternate foot for Lottie

Romper Pattern for Lottie

Cassidy's puppy, Noah, is from a crochet pattern offered here a few years ago.  You can find it by scrolling down the left sidebar.  Look for the picture of the kitties and 'Links to my Animal Patterns'  :-)

Happy Holy Day season to all of you!!  Stay well.

9 comments:

  1. Oh Joyce, I think you would love knitting on dpns, after the initial frustrations with it :-) It drove me crazy at first, but now it is the only way I want to knit dolls; no seaming is just part of it; its more like creating something in crochet as you can see the form evolve.

    And thank you, dearest friend, for your wonderful words! Cassidy and I say 'thank thee kindly :-)"

    Warmly,

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful dolls, I have worked your dog pattern and the little girl was so excited. Thank you Beth for all your wonderful sharing.
    God Bless and keep thee.
    Merry Christmas.
    til next time,
    connie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Connie :-) I hope these Holy Days are filled with joy for you and those you love.

      Warmly,

      Beth

      Delete
  3. Beth you have made a selfie! She looks like your photo on ipernity! lol
    I love her , she is just darling . Nice job!
    Happy Holidays
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment made me smile and smile, Sherry :-) Thanks so much!

      Happy Holy Days to you too!

      warmly,

      Beth

      Delete
  4. Seriously cute, Beth. Ha she does look like a selfie. I had to have the Lottie and Chloe patterns. You have a great site and oh my, you are so very generous! What sized dpneedles did you use? I must learn how to do the hands and I really enjoy dpns. Been awhile. Thank you so much, I'm really enjoying myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda,

      I think I worked Cassidy on either size 3 or 4 dpns. I use a much smaller needle than Deena recommends. The hands pattern is definitely worth your while to try; if you can make and icord, you can do these hands :-)

      Thank you for your good words!

      Warmly,

      Beth

      Delete
  5. I love Cassidy's crooked smile! I can imagine her with grass stains on her knees. her eyes buttons? .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jeanette! Yes, her eyes are buttons, some from a stash of buttons I've had forever :-)

      warmly,

      Beth

      Delete